Park Ridge Auxiliary
Since its inception in 1929 as the Park Avenue Hospital Women's Auxiliary, the Park Ridge Auxiliary continues to provide both time and financial support to Unity Health System through a range of projects and endeavors. Fundraising is made possible through businesses operated and staffed by Auxiliary volunteers. These include:
- Tel-Pho - television and telephone service rental to patients at Unity Hospital and the Timothy R. McCormick Transitional Care Center
- Park Place Gift Shop at Unity Hospital
- The Gift Cart
Since 1976, the Park Ridge Auxiliary has donated over $6 million to Unity Health System, providing funding for such projects as:
- Unity Hospital Education Center
- Expansion of the Unity Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Edna Tina Wilson Living Center
- Patricia H. Wehle Child Care Center
- The Jean and Madeleine August Center for Women's Health Mammography Unit
- The August Family Birth Place at Unity Hospital (Newborn Nursery and Patient Care Rooms)
- Park Ridge Living Center Bus
- Women's Community Residence Bus
- Campus Landscaping
- Unity Emergency Center Expansion
- Timothy McCormick Transitional Care Center
- Surgical Robot
- Mobile Medical Unit
- Unity Hospital Modernization and Expansion Project
In addition, the approximately 350 members of the Park Ridge Auxiliary organize events and activities in support of Unity Health System throughout the year.
The Park Ridge Auxiliary was the recipient of the 2001 New York State Advocacy Award. This prestigious award recognizes those auxiliaries that have committed significant time and effort to serving as advocates for their health care facilities.
To contact the Park Ridge Auxiliary office, or to request membership information, please call (585) 723-7102.