One of the easiest ways to avoid problems with your medications, and receive the greatest health benefit possible, is to get involved in your prescription care! Thanks to Unity Health System, you can now easily keep track of all your medicines by using the MedMinder Card. This card is a great way to help you actively manage your prescribed and over-the-counter medications - plus, it helps us keep you safe! Download and print the MedMinder Card. Keep it with you at all times and update it regularly. It could be the most valuable card in your wallet or purse.
Take the time right now to sit down with your medicines and fill out all the information for each of the medications you are taking. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Make sure you list every medicine you are currently taking. This includes prescriptions, over-the-counter, and herbal. Also list prescription medicines you are taking on an “as needed” basis.
- If you need help filling out the card, ask a family member to assist.
- Always keep the card up-to-date. Add new medicines you are taking, and cross out old medications.
- Show this card to all your physicians at every appointment.
- Show this card to your pharmacist at every visit. Ask them to update the card.
- Keep this card with you always. Place it next to your health insurance card in your purse or wallet.
Questions to ask your health care providers and pharmacist
- What is the name of the medicine?
- Why do I need to take this medicine?
- How should I take it?
- Will this medicine work safely with my other medicines?
- How long should I take it?
Make the most of your medication use at home
- Keep your MedMinder Card up-to-date and cross out old medications.
- Make sure you take your medicines at the correct time every day.
- Take your medicines exactly as your physician or pharmacist told you.
- Do not share your medicines with anyone.
- Keep all your medicines in a safe place, out of direct sunlight
- Throw out old medicines.