Top 10 Things You’ll Love About Unity Health System
Why would you want to work here? There are plenty of reasons—here are the top 10!
Don’t just take our word for it—Unity’s national awards and accolades speak for themselves.
10 Things You’ll Love About Unity Health System
- A wealth of opportunities. With more than 70 locations, you’ll find great opportunities for primary care and specialty practices.
- Aggressive growth and expansion. Our multi-year, $158 million renovation and expansion project for Unity Hospital is currently underway.
- Our totally modern facilities. Our I.C.U., Surgical Center, Emergency Center, and Family Birth Place are the area’s newest, all of our patient rooms are private, and parking at all sites is free.
- An extensive range of surgical and medical services. We have an outstanding reputation when it comes to specialties such as neurology, rehabilitation, orthopaedics, gastroenterology care, and others.
- A collaborative, patient-focused culture. You'll work in a friendly, team-oriented environment with other skilled professionals who share your work ethic.
- Outstanding patient satisfaction ratings. Unity’s commitment to quality and continuous improvement is evidenced by our ratings, including a 98% overall patient satisfaction rating. View our Care to Compare reports.
- Serving the underserved. We have an important mission in our community and take great pride in serving all of the people who need us.
- An administrative team that values open communication and empowerment. Our physician-led management team encourages all of our physicians to play an active role in the decision-making process through a number of activities and committees.
- Satisfied staff. A full 87 percent of our employees are satisfied with their jobs: we recruit best-in-class employees and treat them well. We've been recognized for being an exemplary place to work.
- Location, location, location. We’re located in a scenic area with big city attraction and a small town feel—right in the heart of beautiful western New York and the Finger Lakes region. Learn more about living here.
Our many awards reflect our commitment to quality & safety. Here are a few examples:
- Our hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Our Joint Replacement Center was awarded the Gold Seal of Approval for health care quality from the Joint Commission.
- Unity has the only brain injury rehabilitation program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in western New York.
- Ranked as one of the top 100 community hospitals in the country in Cleverley & Associates’ Community Value Index – two years in a row.
- Received the VHA 2006 Leadership Award for clinical excellence in cardiac care.
- Solucient ranked our I.C.U. as one of the Top 100 in the nation.
For more on Unity’s awards and honors, click here.