1555 Long Pond Road
Rochester, NY 14626
(585) 723-7091 (Scheduling for Nuclear Medicine procedures)
(585) 723-7460 (Scheduling for Nuclear Cardiology procedures)
Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
Nuclear Medicine is a medical specialty that uses very small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose or treat disease. Depending on the procedure, a tiny amount of radioactive material is injected into the blood stream, inhaled, or ingested.
Common procedures include:
- Bone Scan
- Hida Scan
- Hida Scan with Ejection Fraction
- Lung Ventilation and Lung Perfusion Scans
- MUGA (Multi Gated Acquisition)
- Gastric Emptying
- Thyroid Scan
- Thyroid Uptake
- Renal Scan
- Captopril Renal Scan
- Lasix Renal Scan
- Parathyroid Scan
- Nuclear Cardiac Stress Test
- Infection imaging
If you are scheduled for a Nuclear Medicine procedure, you will be asked to report to the Cardiology Department on the day of your procedure. Click here to learn more about preparing for your procedure.