Health Care for the Homeless
89 Genesee Street
Rochester, NY 14611
Comprehensive health care services for the homeless or those at-risk for homelessness provided at shelters and other locations in Rochester for men, women, and children include:
- Health assessments, treatment, referral, and coordination with primary care providers
- TB screening
- Substance abuse evaluations, counseling and referrals for treatment
- Mental health evaluations, counseling and referrals for treatment
- Dental evaluation and referrals for treatment
- Job training
- Nutrition counseling
- Prenatal and HIV outreach support
- STDs/HIV and AIDS education, counseling and testing
- Support and education for shelter staff
- Coordination with other community services - soup kitchens, food cupboards, etc.
Partners in the Health Care for the Homeless Program include the Monroe County Department of Health STD Clinic, Rochester Housing Authority, Salvation Army, VA Medical Center and Westside Health Services.
Mobile Medical Unit -- Health care and more
Our mobile medical unit (MMU) provides outreach services and helps the underinsured and uninsured, including homeless individuals and families within a 100-mile radius of Rochester. Services are provided on the MMU at community sites on a regular basis and at health fairs. The services of the MMU are provided by the Health Care for the Homeless team, with a special emphasis on veterans' services.
For more information about Health Care for the Homeless services, call (585) 368-3720.