Healthy Start Center
89 Genesee Street
Rochester, NY 14611
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The goals of the Healthy Start Center are:
- To reduce infant deaths, premature deliveries, and low birth weight babies among women in the city of Rochester.
- To provide women the resources to help themselves improve the health of their infants and families through confidentiality, respect, dignity, and encouragement.
The Healthy Start Center offers the following free services:
- Pregnancy Education Classes
- Breastfeeding Coaching
- Health Education
- Parenting Skill and Infant Care Classes
- Stress Management and Relaxation Groups
- Quit Smoking Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Care Management
- Nutrition Classes
- Healthy Relationship Classes
- Job Training
Free child care and transportation when you attend Healthy Start services.
Pregnant women, or women with a child under age two who live in one of the following zip codes are invited to participate:
Healthy Start is a collaboration (partnership) with the Perinatal Network of Monroe County and Unity Health System.
For more information on how you can become a Healthy Start participant, please call the Center at (585) 368-3490.