The Healthy Moms Program provides moms with the support they need to reach their full potential as a parent and as an individual. Moms pick the services they are interested in and create a customized plan of what they would like to accomplish at Healthy Moms. Healthy Moms offers the following services:
- Pregnancy education classes.
- On-site mental health counseling and wellness groups.
- "Project Independence" Job Training Program.
Moms participating in the above services can receive case management and on-site childcare. Moms that live in the City of Rochester can receive free transportation.
Get the guidance and skills coaching you need for your education and career objectives.
- Job training: With on-site career coaching at the Unity St. Mary's Campus, you'll learn valuable work skills and participate in our job placement program. Click here to see our job training video.
- Vocational workshops: We offer weekly workshops where you'll get hands-on assistance with resume writing, applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
- Community-based employment: We'll help you find paid employment while also assisting you with learning job skills, managing work relationships and achieving positive outcomes.
- Educational programs: We'll help you with enrolling in GED and college programs and provide on-site coaching right at your school.
"I feel extremely blessed from all the support I have received from Healthy Start. I feel accomplished for the first time in my life. This program is life-changing!"
Pregnant women and women with children under the age of two years old that either live in the City of Rochester or are Unity OB/GYN patients in Monroe County.
How to join
Call us at 368-3490 or complete our referral form. Click here to download the form and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (585) 368-3748 or bring it to our office at:
89 Genesee Street
Rochester, NY 14611
The Healthy Moms program is funded by Unity Health System, Unity Health Foundation and The Perinatal Network of Monroe County. Our program's goals are to:
- To help pregnant moms have a healthy baby that is born full-term at 40 weeks and weighs 5 1/2 pounds and above.
- To provide moms with the support they need to be physically healthy, emotionally healthy, and self sufficient.