Healthy Start Center
89 Genesee Street
Rochester, NY 14611
The goals of the Healthy Start Center are:
- To reduce infant deaths, premature deliveries, and low birth weight babies among women in the city of Rochester.
- To provide women the resources to help themselves improve the health of their infants and families through confidentiality, respect, dignity, and encouragement.
The Healthy Start Center offers free services to pregnant women and women with children under age two:
- Pregnancy Education Classes
- Breastfeeding Coaching
- Safe Sleep Support
- Wellness Support Groups
- Health Education
- Parenting Skill and Infant Care Classes
- Stress Management and Relaxation Groups
- Quit Smoking Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Care Management
- Nutrition Classes
- Healthy Relationship Classes
- Job Training
- Job Placement
- School Placement for GED or College
Moms who participate in these services can recieve case management, free transportation and on-site childcare.
Pregnant women, or women with a child under age two who live in one of the following zip codes are invited to participate:
Healthy Start is a collaboration (partnership) with the Perinatal Network of Monroe County and Unity Health System.
For more information on how you can become a Healthy Start participant, please call the Center at (585) 368-3490.
Open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.