Action Toward Employment Program
Unity St. Mary's Campus
89 Genesee Street
Rochester, New York 14611
The Action Toward Employment Program (ATEP) helps mental health consumers enter the workforce. We match the skills of potential employees with the needs of area employers to find just the right fit, in both full- and part-time positions.
ATEP provides training, professional development, and ongoing support so that our clients can get jobs they like and keep them. Since 1990, ATEP has consistently met or exceeded its job placement goals. And employers rate their satisfaction with work performed by our clients a "9" on a scale of "1" to "10".
Here's how ATEP can work for you.
- individual screening and assessment
- job development/placement services
- career exploration
- job analysis services
- on- and off-site job training
- support and advocacy for employees and employers
Who is eligible:
- Clinically-stable mental health consumers over age 18 who follow through on therapy, are motivated to work in the community, and want to become more self-supporting.
- Acceptance into the program is based in part on criteria set by a state agency-the office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID).
For more information, please call 368-3573.