Golisano Restorative Neurology and Rehabilitation Center
Unity Hospital Modernization and Expansion
Over the past 20 years, our program has grown from a small inpatient brain injury unit to a full array of clinical neuroscience services for patients of all ages, including neurology, neurosurgery, and rehabilitation. We also partner with many community organizations and universities participating in clinical research on new treatments and technologies. No other facility in New York State offers the breadth of resources found at Unity.
Pictured (1 - r): Mary L. Dombovy, M.D., MHSA; Maria Anderson, MS/SLP, CCC; Tony M. Wong, Ph.D.;Sue Vogl, MPA; and Ivy Shelby, MS, FNP, CRRN
Opening in 2014, the new Center will give us the space, equipment, and technology we need to provide leading-edge treatment to people recovering from neurological injury, disease, or surgery. At this innovative new Center we will offer:
- State-of-the-art care focusing on restorative technologies
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services including:
- Inpatient and outpatient traumatic brain injury and spinal cord
- Inpatient and outpatient stroke rehabilitation
- An early start to rehabilitation, which research shows leads to
Our patients tell the story best...
"We knew we were in the right place."
- Tyler's mom, Dawn (Brain Injury victim)
Read Tyler's story
"The real miracle was the doctors and staff that took care of me."
- Anthony (Gunshot wound victim)
Read Anthony's story
For more information
If you have questions about the project please call or email us:
Call: Building Better Care Helpline at 585-723-7001