Do yourself (and your loved ones) a favor
Kick the habit and reduce your risk of serious disease like cancer, stroke, heart disease, and emphysema. Quitting is difficult, but there’s plenty of support to help you succeed.
Unity’s Smoking Cessation Program - Next Class September 2014
- Facilitated by physicians and respiratory therapists from Unity Pulmonary Medicine
- Eight weekly sessions run in small, interactive groups
- Topics include: medications, managing stress, and avoiding weight gain
- Based on the American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® program
The next group begins Thursday, September 18.
All sessions are held at Unity at Ridgeway (2655 Ridgeway Ave., First floor conference room)
The fee may be covered by your health insurance; those paying full price may be elgible for partial reimbursement*.
*Reimbursement requires attendance at seven of eight sessions and answering a telephone survey regarding your smoking status following the program. (Having achieved a smoke-free status is not required.)
For more information, call Jan Carges at 368-4533.
You don’t need to wait! Check out these free resources:
- Smoke-Free for Life - If you have participated in the Know Your Numbers health evaluations from Blue4U, you have the opportunity to work one on one with a personal health coach who will show you different quitting techniques and find the one best for you. Call 1-866-270-5441 to register.
- New Your State Smokers’ Quitline - Provides you with information, tools, and support to help you quit. Learn about smoking cessation medications available from your doctor including those paid for by Medicaid. Quit Coaches are also available. Call 1-866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487) or check out www.nysmokefree.com.
- Freshstart hosted by the American Cancer Society - Four one-hour sessions to help you quit. Call (585) 288-1950 or visit www.cancer.org for details.
- Smokefree web site at www.smokefree.gov - Complete step-by-step guide offering online messaging with a smoking cessation counselor from the National Cancer Institute and telephone support at 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848).
- Click here for a list of healthy, low-calorie snacks to use when you get the urge to smoke
Smoking Cessation Product Coupons