What's New in 2012|
Unity Benefits are better than ever. Here’s a summary of what’s new:
- We’ve increased the amount of our Lifestyle Allowance (previously called a “Wellness Benefit”) and expanded the programs it applies to. You can now apply for reimbursement of up to $250 (under the Unity Basic Health Plan) or $500 (under the Unity Enhanced Health Plan) for a wide range of fitness and nutrition classes, weight management programs, and the purchase of hearing aids and orthotics—in addition to gym memberships, swim and fitness activities for toddlers and older children, Lasik surgery, and teeth whitening. Click here for details.
- Both the Unity Basic and the Unity Enhanced Health Plans now provide 100% coverage of diabetes medication and supplies, regardless of where you purchase them.
- We’ve increased the value of the Medical Services Discount for employees covered by the Unity Basic Health Plan and made it easier for everyone to use. You’ll pay even less in deductibles and co-insurance for Unity doctors and services than you have in the past. And you’ll pay the reduced amounts from the start, instead of having to apply for reimbursement. Click here for more information.
- Both Unity Basic and Unity Enhanced Dental Plans will now cover children up to age 23, regardless of whether or not they are full-time students. In addition, we’ve raised coverage limits under the Enhanced Plan: both the annual maximum and the orthodontia lifetime limit are now $1,500.
- This year, we’ve made it even easier to participate in a Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA): you’ll be able to pay for eligible expenses using a specially-issued debit card. This will save you from having to pay out-of-pocket, complete claim forms, and wait for reimbursement.
- You can now enroll in the Legal Services Plan during Open Enrollment, instead of waiting until The Farmington Company’s next voluntary benefits enrollment period. The Legal Services Plan, introduced last spring, provides access to a network of attorneys for help with a range of practical legal matters such as real estate, wills and elder-care. Click here to see what’s covered under the plan.