Medical Services Discount: Getting the Most Out of Your Health Care Benefits|
”How Health Care Should Be” doesn’t apply just to our customers. You and your loved ones have access to steep discounts on the best medical care and services—just because you work for Unity.
You’ll save money by using Unity doctors and services—no matter what health insurance plan you elect, even if you get your health insurance through another employer. We call this your Medical Services Discount.
If you’re covered by Unity’s Basic or Enhanced Health Plans, here’s how the Medical Services Discount works:
- Never a co-pay. See any physician employed by Unity Health System or use certain other Unity services, such as the Emergency Center or the Walk-in Care Center —and pay nothing at all.
- Lower deductibles and coinsurance. The Unity Enhanced Health Plan does not include deductibles or co-insurance in most cases. So if you’re enrolled in this Plan, you’ll pay nothing for services provided by Unity Health System and its doctors. The Unity Basic Health Plan does require a deductible and co-insurance for certain services, such as inpatient hospital and maternity services. But both are lower than ever in 2012 if you use Unity services and doctors.
- Discounts on Unity dental services. Visit a Unity-employed dental professional and you’ll get an additional 10% discount off the portion of your bill that remains after insurance coverage.
If you’ve opted not to be insured by one of Unity’s Health Plans, here’s how the Medical Services Discount works:
- Discounts on certain Unity pharmacy purchases. Purchase over-the-counter (non-prescription) medications or supplies at a Unity pharmacy, and you’ll receive a 10% discount.
- Ongoing Reduction in Costs. If you’re insured by another plan, you know you are normally required to pay a co-pay or meet a deductible and then pay co-insurance for any medical services. But if you use a Unity-employed doctor or service, the amount you have to pay will be reduced by the standard co-pay amount under our Enhanced Health Plan. For example, under the Enhanced Health Plan, co-pays to see a primary care physician (PCP) are $20. If your medical plan normally requires you to pay a $35 co-pay to see a PCP and you choose a Unity-employed doctor as your PCP, you’ll pay only a $15 co-pay per visit. If your medical plan has a PCP co-pay of $20 or less, you’ll pay nothing at all to see a Unity-employed PCP. If your plan requires you to meet a deductible and then pay co-insurance when seeing a doctor, you’ll still pay $20 less when seeing a Unity-employed PCP.
Note that some Unity doctors or services will allow you to pay these reduced amounts at the time of your visit or incorporate them into your bill; others may charge you in full and require you to request reimbursement through Unity’s patient accounting to get your Medical Services Discount price.
- Discounts on Unity dental services and on certain Unity pharmacy products. Even if you’re not covered by a Unity Health or Dental Plan, if you visit a Unity-employed dental professional you’ll receive 10% off the portion of your bill that remains after insurance coverage. You’ll also receive a 10% discount for purchasing over-the-counter (non-prescription) medications or supplies at a Unity pharmacy.
Here’s what you’ll save:
- Additional annual credit. Depending on your years of service, if you’re a full-time or part-time employee we’ll apply an additional credit of $250 - $1,000/year toward fees you incur for using Unity-employed doctors and hospital-based services. Simply call Patient Accounting (the number will be on your bill) and ask for your Health Insurance Credit Dollars to be applied.
|Years of Service
||Annual Health Insurance Credit Dollars
Note: If your dependents are not insured by a Unity Health Plan, their names must be on file with Human Resources to receive a Medical Services Discount. You’ll have the opportunity to provide this information during the online Benefits Enrollment process.
Note that credit dollars may not be used for prescriptions, lactation services, long term care, and services through Unity Dental Group and ACM Medical Laboratory.
Click here for a list of Unity-employed doctors.
|NEW in 2012: We’ve increased the value of the Medical Services Discount for employees covered by the Basic Health Plan and made it easier for everyone to use. You’ll pay even less in deductibles and co-insurance for Unity doctors and services that you have in the past. And you’ll pay the reduced amounts from the start, instead of having to apply for reimbursement. Click here to see the new amounts.