2012 Benefits Enrollment: How to Enroll|
For information about your current benefits, refer to the 2012 Open Enrollment packet you received from your department leader.
If you don’t have access to a computer or need assistance with online enrollment, talk with your department leader.
If you have read and understand the instructions on this page, enroll now at the Benefits Enrollment website, Ultipro.
There are also computers available to use 24 hours/day during Open Enrollment at these locations:
- Unity Hospital: in the old Switchboard Office, first floor by the patient elevators. Staff will be onsite to help you Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m.
- Unity St. Mary’s Campus: in Human Resources 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and in the lobby nights and weekends. Staff will be onsite to help you Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For questions or assistance, contact the Benefits Hotline at 368-3211.
Logging In to UltiPro
You’ll need a username and password to enroll. If you’ve never logged into UltiPro before, you’ll find a username and temporary password in the benefits enrollment packet you received from your department leader. Once you log in, you’ll be prompted to create your own password, which must be 8-15 characters long and include at least 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter and 1 number.
If you’ve logged into UltiPro in the past, either during past Benefit Enrollment periods or on another occasion, log in using the same username and password you used before. If you’ve forgotten them, you’ll find your username in the Open Enrollment packet you received from your department leader. Log in with it and then click on the “forgot your password?” link. You’ll be prompted to answer three security questions you set up in the past.
If you have trouble logging in, contact the IT helpdesk: 368-3375, option 3.
Once you have logged in, you’ll reach the Home Page:
- Find Myself in the upper left portion of the page and hover your cursor over it.
- Click on Benefits Enrollment.
- Click on the Choose Benefits tab to begin the enrollment process.
Clicking on Choose Benefits will take you to a list of benefit options.
- Click on each benefit to see your plan and coverage options and make your selections. Depending on the benefit, you may have to select a plan (e.g., Unity Basic Health Plan) and then choose a level of coverage (e.g., employee, employee and spouse or partner, employee and child, etc.). If you decline coverage, please indicate a reason.
- Click on Save Changes. Note that you can return to a saved selection and make changes any time before November 4.
- You must click on each benefit on the Choose Benefits page and make a selection, even if you are declining coverage. In some cases, such as Individual Life Insurance, there will be only one option to select.
- On the Choose Benefits page, symbols next to each benefit will tell you the status of your election:
- A red X means you have not saved a selection.
- A yellow ! means something requires attention. For example, it may mean you have completed only part of the selection for the benefit, such as chosen a plan but not selected a level of coverage.
- A green check mark means your selection for that benefit is complete and saved.
- You will need to either enroll or decline enrollment in every benefit listed on the Choose Benefits page in order to complete your 2012 Benefits Enrollment. You’ll know you are done when you see the green check mark next to each item on the list.
- When you have completed all your selections, click on the Finish tab that will appear at the end of the list.
- For a printed confirmation of your selections, click on Compare Current to Newin the upper right hand corner of the Choose Benefits page. You’ll see a table of your 2011 and 2012 benefits selections—click on the printer icon on the bottom right corner of the page and then select Print. (Note that 2011 information on this print-out will be incomplete. For complete information about your 2011 benefits coverage, refer to the benefits enrollment packet you received from your department leader.)
You will also receive a confirmation letter with complete 2012 coverage amounts and costs from Human Resources by the end of November.
You do not have to complete your enrollment all at once. As long as you have saved your selections, you can return to the site and continue any time until November 4, when the 2012 Benefits Enrollment period ends.
Special Tips for Enrolling
If you are able only to view your current plan and no other option, it means you are currently within your enrollment lock-in period and cannot change your plan.
Medical Services Discount
If you have dependents who are not covered under the Unity Health, Dental or Vision Plans, register their names here to make them eligible to receive a discount when using Unity-employed doctors and services. Click here for more information about the Medical Services Discount.
Health, Dental and Vision Plans: Ensuring Coverage for Dependents
Under these plans, if you select any coverage other than “Employee,” you need to enroll or re-enroll your dependents. You must take this step for each plan even if you are not making any changes to your dependent information, in order to ensure coverage in 2012. Here’s how:
Once you have selected and saved your plan and coverage options and returned to the Choose Benefits page, look for the column headed Beneficiary/Dependents. You’ll see an Add Dependents link—click on this to re-enroll dependents or change current dependent information.
- To re-enroll current dependents: Check the box under the Enroll column for each dependent.
- To edit existing dependent information (e.g. date of birth, name spelling), click on the name of your dependent. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Edit. Type the necessary changes in the text boxes and click Submit when finished.
- For instructions on adding a new dependent, scroll down to Adding New Dependents or Beneficiaries below.
Individual Life Insurance: Updating Beneficiary Information
To make changes to your existing beneficiary information (other than adding someone new):
- Once you have selected and saved Basic Employee Life Insurance and returned to the Choose Benefits page, look for the column headed Beneficiary/Dependents.
- If you already have beneficiaries on file, you’ll see a yellow “people” icon in this column. Click on the icon to see your 2011 beneficiary information.
- For each beneficiary you want to keep, click on the “assign” button, select “primary” or “contingent” and use the “allocation” columns to indicate the percentage of pay-out you want each beneficiary to receive.
- Note that the total of all primary allocations and the total of all contingent allocations (i.e., the total in each column) must equal 100%.
- Click on Save Changes.
Adding New Dependents or Beneficiaries
To add a dependent or beneficiary for the first time:
- On the Choose Benefits page, find the Beneficiary/Dependents column. Click on Add Dependents or Add Beneficiaries. (These links will only appear after you’ve selected and saved these benefits.)
- Complete the form that appears, being sure to select a “relationship” option and check the box indicating whether you are adding a dependent or a beneficiary. Complete other information, including address (if different from yours), phone numbers and personal information.
- Click Submit in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on Benefits Enrollment (near the top of the page) and then on Choose Benefits.
- On the Choose Benefits page, click again on Add Dependents or on the Add Beneficiaries.
- Check the box under the Enroll column for each dependent you want to include; on the beneficiaries page select the information to designate beneficiaries as primary or contingent and indicate their percentage of allocation.
If you are enrolling a dependent in health, dental, or vision coverage for the first time, you are required to submit eligibility documentation. Click here for the “Request to Enroll a New Dependent" form; complete and mail it to Human Resources with the proper documentation.