Unity Chemical Dependency Offers Tips for Parents to Keep High School Graduation Parties Safe
Rochester, N.Y. (June 22, 2011) - According to the National Highway Safety Administration, 58 percent of traffic fatalities during prom and graduation season are attributed to alcohol-related incidents involving teen drivers.
Unity Chemical Dependency shares the following preventive tips for parents of teens to ensure their teens are safe:
1. Make it clear to your children – and their friends – that you don’t approve of under-age drinking or illegal drug use, and it isn’t allowed in your home.
2. Be home whenever there’s a party on your property, and be vigilant about what is going on.
3. Make sure any wine, beer, and liquor supplies is secure in your home.
4. Talk to other parents to make sure that alcohol is not available at parties in their homes.
5. If a party at your house gets out of control call 911 right away.
6. Keep the lines of communication open with your son or daughter about alcohol abuse. Talk to them about calling you to pick them up if there is alcohol at a friend’s party.
Unity Chemical Dependency provides the most comprehensive and personalized treatment services in Western New York for adolescents, adults, older adults, and their families. It offers highly specialized outpatient programs, inpatient rehabilitation, and residential programs.
For more information about safe parties, visit http://www.unityhealth.org/doc/chemdep_partyprimer.pdf.
About Unity Health System
At Unity Health System you’ll find the friendliest and most compassionate people dedicated to providing the best possible health care experience. We have over 70 locations in Rochester and Monroe County, including Unity Hospital in the town of Greece and the Unity St. Mary’s Campus in Rochester. Key programs include our Joint Replacement Center, Family Birth Place, Spine Center, Diabetes Center, Chemical Dependency, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, plus the area’s most comprehensive range of services for older adults. ACM Medical Laboratory is the world’s fifth largest provider of clinical trials testing, with locations in western New York, York, England, and lab partnerships across the globe. Our shared commitment to delivering health care the way it should be is reflected in our 98% overall patient satisfaction rating.