Support the Joint Replacement Center
Volunteer to Help Other Joints
There are multiple ways to get involved and stay connected with our community. Our joint replacement patients love coming back to volunteer - and we are proud to have this special team to help our patients feel at home.
Find out more about our volunteer opportunities:
Visiting with patients
More details on your role:
You will be a great comfort and resource for our current patients, since you’ve been through it yourself. Your job will be to listen, give encouragement, and just basically be good company.
- Introduce yourself as a volunteer, and let them know if you’ve had a joint replacement procedure in the past.
- Provide ice, beverages and snacks when needed.
- Monitor for potentially dangerous situations and communicate any concerns with our staff.
- Assist in setting up lunch.
Fluff pillows and ensure the patient is comfortable.
As a breakfast volunteer, your biggest role will be to make sure everyone is comfortable and having fun. Before, during and after the meal you will also:
- Set tables and make sure a breakfast ticket is at each place setting.
- Help patients who need assistance.
- Serve hot and cold beverages, fresh fruit and pastries.
- Help keep track of fluid and food intake for patients.
Sanitize tables after breakfast is complete.
Our lunch volunteers will:
More than half of our lunch attendees sign up to volunteer. We love seeing you come back to help - it’s a great way to stay connected and celebrate other recovered patients.
- Sign in each patient and their guest(s).
- Create nametags for each patient and guest.
- Help in serving food and drinks.
Make sure everyone is comfortable and having fun.
Become a Volunteer for the Joint Replacement Center