Lead Up Week to Knee Replacement Surgery
Stop Medications that increase bleeding
If you have questions about which medications to continue or which ones to stop, please call surgical pre-testing at 368-4545 or the Orthopaedic Program Director.
Pack Your Bags
- Insurance card (even if you already provided), photo ID and copayment.
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing such as shorts and tops and flat shoes/tennis shoes.
- Personal hygiene items (toothbrush, deodorant, razor, etc.).
- Asthma inhaler.
- Please leave adaptive equipment (like a walker or reacher) at home.
- Do not bring any valuables (cash, credit card, etc.) except for your copayment.
- You can bring your cell phone and laptop.
The day before surgery
- Call (585) 723-7975 between 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m. to receive your surgery arrival time. If your surgery is on Monday, call the Friday before.
- Eat a light dinner, and do not eat after midnight. This includes candy, gum, and mints.
- No alcoholic beverages after dinner.
- No smoking after midnight.
You can drink plain water up to four hours prior to surgery.