Home  |  Contact Us  |  Site Map  |  Staff Tools  |  Classes  |  Newsroom

Unity Diabetes Community > Forum > Questions. We'll help you find the answers. > Thread

Diet

Views: 301    Posts: 4
Last posted: 16 months ago by rose
Jump in. It's easy.
Fast new user registration »
Returning User?
Continue the conversation »

littlered

Post to the Thread      Posted on 04/14/2013 09:57:04 From: 70.100.151.123
also if you have a close friend make them your walking/excersize buddy it helps to have support from outside source. remember the weight didnt go on in a day so its not good to take it off in a day! slow and steady one meal at a time ! you can do it , the people at unity are most helpful they can be there as much or as little as you need.
Joy at Unity

Post to the Thread      Posted on 04/10/2013 11:33:10 From: 199.248.225.250
Hi Kathy,
Congratulations on successfully transitioning to a carbohydrate managed meal plan and the reduction in your blood sugars! That's great! It's also wonderful that you are exercising regularly. Both of those things make a big difference in helping to manage your blood sugars. For weight loss it may be important to also be aware of your total dietary/calorie intake in addition to carbohydrates. You want to be sure that you are focusing more on the lean, low-fat protein foods and eating lots of non-starchy vegetables! Also be sure to keep your drinks sugar free and focus primarily on upping your water intake verses drinking alot of the sugar-free drinks and soda made with the sugar substitutes. Sounds like you've done a great job changing your diet to bring down your blood sugars; it might now be helpful to meet with a dietitian to help tailor your current meal plan to promote weight loss too! Don't give up! You are doing great - remember, it's a journey...you will get there!
Kathy

Post to the Thread      Posted on 04/09/2013 14:39:59 From: 199.248.225.250
I have had to count my carbs for almost three months now, this determines how much insulin I take,so my question is, Why isnt the wieght coming off? My blood sugars have come down , I feel better but my wieght is not coming off, I am excersizing.HELP

Jump Menu:  
Diabetes events and classes to help you get the support you need. Diabetes classes and diabetes events
November 03, 2014
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (585) 368-4560
© 2013 Unity Health System, Rochester, N.Y.